This week in 3D Printing, as we waited to hear back from the Artists of Pop My Mind, we had another crack at scanning and Printing an object in what we would hope would be an success.
SO we scanned the Egyptian head like last time as that seemed to scan rather well, after doing so we set it to print and this time we didn’t flood the printer with multiple models so it came out just fine.
I volunteered to clean up the model, as I had experience with small models from Figure crafting sets. Cleaning it up with what I had available was a little tricky, the support for the neck didn’t want give in very easily and I didn’t have any sandpaper to smooth down the edges where I had cut parts off it. Even so, It came out pretty nicely and I cleaned it up as best as I can. Hopefully soon we can scan the Models from the Pop My Mind people and get started on those, until then Enjoy!